Mur&Partners?is currently recruiting for an international manufacturing company, an?Operations Director (Iberia).
The successful candidate will play a strategic role and will be responsible for direction, strategy, planning and execution for the company’s manufacturing operations.
· Directs all production facilities regarding the production of high-quality products by maintaining lean manufacturing practices; enforcing quality standards; improving products and processes.
· Responsible for the implementation of company standards with regards to Quality, Health, Safety and Environment.
· Responsible for proposing, leading, and executing capital expenditures including project management and engineering.
· Builds, develops, and manages operations leadership team capable of carrying out needed operations strategies and improving employee as well as union relations.
· Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
· Achieves financial objectives by establishing objectives; developing budgets; controlling costs; maximizing use of assets.
· Assures an equitable balance of resource (people, customer orders, investment, etc.) application is made within all facilities that meets customer and internal needs.
· Ensures that, as the company grows, manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality, and responsiveness by establishing the necessary resources.
· Directs implementation and execution of manufacturing policies and practices throughout the organization.
· Complies with legal requirements by enforcing company policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
Education and Experience Required:
• 4-year degree (BS) in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering), preferably with MBA in addition (Not Compulsory)
• Technical skills in Lean Manufacturing techniques, Process improvement, materials management, and production scheduling
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering, and/or operations of high-volume manufacturing in a certified manufacturing organization (ISO9000)
Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent people management skills
• Strong customer orientation
• Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment • Ability to organize, implement and manage multiple priorities and large-scale industrial projects.
• Large- and small-company experience, ideally in leading manufacturing in a rapid-growth environment
• Has led functional groups including production, quality, logistics, and/ or engineering
• Leads by example and with a “hand’s on” approach
• Fluent Spanish and English (Compulsory)
•German and Portuguese will be valued positively.
What they offer:
- Opportunity to work in an international organization
- Diverse internal growth and career opportunities.