Mur&Partners is currently recruiting for a multinational information technology company a Data Scientist to work in its facilities located in Sant Cugat, Barcelona.
This position is in the Pricing Analytics Center of Excellence, where they apply economics, data science, and advanced analytics to set prices optimally and maximize business outcomes. The team’s recommendations, algorithms, and tools are used by the company's Business Units around the world to Price the products of the company.
Location: Sant Cugat, Spain.
In this position you would get the chance to:
- Shape the company’s future of how they set prices optimally for their products.
- Develop and apply statistical methods and experimentation to analyze the effect of pricing and sales decisions on business performance.
- Work closely with their internal business teams to share your findings and drive action with the Marketplace and retailer (both online and in-store).
- Present results and recommendations to relevant stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- At least 4/6 years’ working experience in a similar role.
- Experience in optimization techniques and algorithms.
- Ability to think creatively and invent origina solutions to business and modelling challenges.
- Proficiency with Python and/or R is required.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence key decision makers.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Quantitative Marketing, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant quantitative discipline.
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OR CAPABILITIES
- Interest in pricing, economics and consumer behavior.
- Understanding of CRM and customer segmentation.
- Knowledge of Price optimization approaches, Price discrimination models and a general knowledge of main concepts from the industrial organization literature.
- Bsic understanding of finance and producto economics.
- Experience in Project and/or producto management.
Salary: According to the candidate’s experience.
Social Benefits: Among others: retirement plan, health insurance, priorities to buy stock, internal growth and career opportunities...
Start date: As soon as possible.
Contract type: Permanent contract
Name: Cristina Díaz