Mur&Partners is currently recruiting for an international manufacturing company and one of the largest producer of packaging in Europe, a Category Manager (France & Iberia) to work in its facilities located in Granollers (Spain).
The successful candidate, in charge of leading the logistics and secondary packaging categories, will discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses through the local strategy definition and implementation regional and local synergies, development of category knowledge, process optimizitation and TCO optimizitation, to attain the objectives of profitability, quality and Projects´ terms.
· Database Management: Establish and update an approved supplier panel.
· Strategy: Develop the necessary information related to the suppliers of your panel (current and potential) in order to be able to elaborate and monitor your category strategy. Lead and execute purchasing strategies for the suppliers’ panel in your category developing, promoting, globalizing or substituting (reduce suppliers).
· Sourcing: Initiate and lead the processes of regional sourcing to assure the fulfilment of the objectives of capacity, quality, price, time limit, service, reliability, financial health and technical backup. Identify and source new suppliers.
· Negotiation: Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms in order to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
· Contract Management: Develop, negotiate and manage the purchasing contracts and agreement, to communicate and to assure the correct master data update on time.
· Stakeholders Management (transversal): Give support to plant project teams in the assignment process and the monitoring forward sourcing. Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
· Troubleshooting: On cost, quality and delivery concerns. Manage and solve the suppliersplant problems that may arise in a responsibility field.
Education and Experience Required:
· University degree, mainly in Engineering or Business (Business Administration, Economics or Supply Chain Management or any equivalent education).
· 2 years in similar position in the industrial sector (preferably in the packaging industry).
· Fluent in English and Spanish.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to work with a high degree of self-responsibility and willingness to travel (up to 50%)
· Strong leadership and influence capabilities
· Intercultural Management
· Open-minded & Structured person
· Negotiation skills
· Results orientation
· Team work & Problem-solving capabilities
· Outstanding communication
· Initiative & Creative
WHAT THEY OFFER
- Opportunity to work in an international organization.
- Diverse internal growth and career opportunities.
Name: Susana Gerpe